Search results for shortcode page

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Search results for shortcode page

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    nielsk6132
    nielsk6132
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

A quick one for you for which I know no solution despite trawling through your support pages.

I am using a plugin that generates a full family tree listing when a shortcode is entered on a WP page. The first page of the shortcode lists all family surnames. When clicking on a surname it lists all the family members who have that surname. When then clicking on a particular family member it lists the details of that family member (first names, last name, birth date, birth location, marriage date, death date etc. – the data is imported from a standarised GEDCOM file) See the screenshots.

I’d like Ajax Search Pro to pick up the first names and surname each family individual as displayed in the 3rd screenshot, but don’t know how to configure your fantastic product to do this.

Can you give me some advice? Not sure how this data can be accessed by Ajax Search Pro because it is only one shortcode that opens the page which leads to an other page which leads to another page where the final data I want to see Results for is located.

Thanks & Cheers,

Cornelius

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Tough question. Are you using the index table engine?

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

nielsk6132
    nielsk6132
    Participant

Yes, I am using the index table engine.

OK, rereading the the updated plugin’s docs (gedshow) I found a new shortcode for search engines that leads to the following output:

see https://jenetix.net/seo-full-tree/

The names (of those no longer living – a legal requirement) are all in there. I guess that might help. But how do I link a name to the details of that person that is hidden behind the restricted-access page which is generated by the original shortcode?

Also, the original shortcode (page with restricted access) would be better because it also includes those persons living who gave me their OK for listing them.

Looking forward to your guidance.

Cornelius

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Thank you very much for the details.

Not sure how this data can be accessed by Ajax Search Pro because it is only one shortcode that opens the page which leads to an other page which leads to another page where the final data I want to see Results for is located.

I needed to re-read your original query, and just realized the sentence above. So if you place the shortcode on a page, I think the data might be possible to pick-up by the search. You can test it by placing the shortcode to a page, indexing the page and searching for some of the data should likely bring up the page – unless the shortcode is not processed at all, but that is unlikely.

However anything else, links leading to pages, data located outside of the scope of the page can’t be indexed.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.