Search Results in NEW BROWSER WINDOW/TAB – not "new page."

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Search Results in NEW BROWSER WINDOW/TAB – not "new page."

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 6 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    cojones
    cojones
    Participant

I’d like to open my search results in a NEW WINDOW/BROWSER TAB. I’m not looking for a redirect – as I already have this capability set up. But the redirect for search results opens in the same browser window as my home page search and I don’t want this. If search results are undesireable, then I’d like the user to be able to close the results window and simply make changes to their search terms – as opposed to them having to go “BACK” on the browser and then have the home page (and their search) reload – and start all over.

Can you please help with this? This is crucial to the desired UI I’m looking for with my site. I’m using the Flatsome theme. And running version 4.11.2 of Ajax Search Pro

Aside from this – I am EXTREMELY happy with this product and the support (knowledgebase) provided!

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Thank you very much for your kind words, the proper description and the details, it helps me a lot!

Well, there is no option for that, but I was able to work out a temporary solution for you. I had to make a change in one of the main plugin files, so the the request was made on a new browser tab. It should be working that way now.

Also, this solution will only work, if the following two options are not changed:
    – On the Compatibility options submenu, the JS source has to stay ‘Non Minified’: https://i.imgur.com/XqVe8Q1.png
    – ..and the override method must be ‘POST’: https://i.imgur.com/3dwFkeI.png

For a permanent solution, I will add a new option to change the location of the redirection to the upcoming release (4.11.3), I believe it would be a great addition, as you are not the first person to request this feature 🙂

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

cojones
    cojones
    Participant

Thank you sir!

It is working exactly as I’d envisioned. I GREATLY appreciate your help on this and ESPECIALLY the quick turnaround!

Now I can add “great customer support” with the great plugin design and great documentation. So far – I’m VERY pleased with my Ajax Search Pro experience!

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Search Results in NEW BROWSER WINDOW/TAB – not "new page."’ is closed to new replies.