Search results just show the number 3

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Search results just show the number 3

This topic contains 12 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by tigerton tigerton 9 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    ProjectMunton
    ProjectMunton
    Participant

Hi πŸ™‚

Just planning to move my site from test mode to production …. I am prepping everything locally first.

When I use Ajax Search Pro I am getting no results …. just the number 3 in a results box . I have never seen this before when testing

I have attached a screen shot as I have no production details to give … hoping it is just a small oversight by me.
    There are no other plugins active … just the standard WP theme

Many thanks in advance πŸ™‚

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Can you please provide url/temporary admin/temporary ftp access to the production site? I honestly don’t have any ideas what this could be. Most likely plugin/theme conflict of some kind, function redeclaraitions or something similar.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

ProjectMunton
    ProjectMunton
    Participant

Hi Ernest πŸ™‚

Many thanks for the quick reply … apologies for my late one, the email notification ended up in my spam folder.

The site is not in a production environment at the moment .. I am just prepping the setup … so I have no details to give as of yet …

But I do have the an error message which is showing … I have attached a screenshot of it

Hopefully it is something straight forward which you can see from it πŸ™‚
    Many thanks in advance

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Unfortunately it does not help much, but at least I know it’s a server side issue. There is a good chance that this error will disappear once you go to a live server from a local installation. If not, then I will gladly do a quick debugging on the search code if you can grant me temp access.

Let me know when you go live!

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

ProjectMunton
    ProjectMunton
    Participant

Cool πŸ™‚ no worries Ernest

I will get it over to production hopefully next week … if the issue is still occurring I will get back in touch.

Many thanks again for the quick reply … much appreciated πŸ™‚

samsfisher
    samsfisher
    Participant

I am having the same problem. Search works fine for ID number 1 whereas for everything else it just returns the number 3.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Please open a different ticket with the issue, so you can provide temp login details as well. I’m suspecting a plugin incompatibility, but the only way to find out is to check it.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

tigerton
    tigerton
    Participant

Hi!

I tried creating a topic of my own but with no luck because of the purchase code saying its wrong or already registered?.. strange.

Anyway.. I have the exact same issue and wondered if you’ve managed to resolve this?
    In addition I can add that the ajax response is: !!ASPSTART!![]!!ASPEND!!

Also tried disabling all plugins with no luck..

Best regards,
    Jonathan

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

If you can’t open a new topic, please contact me via my codecanyon profile page, I can’t disclose my email here.

Please provide as much details as possible! Thank you!

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

tigerton
    tigerton
    Participant

Hi Ernest,
    Sent you an email a few days ago via your profile page πŸ™‚
    Just making sure you got it! I realize you might be on vacation or simply have a busy schedule…

have a nice day,
    Best regards Jonathan

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Jonahtan!

I did answer your mail the day I got it. The reply-to address was info@t****n.se. Maybe it went as spam?

The problem should be gone now. I installed the latest version (2.4) on the site you gave access to me and it was working, at least for me. I figured you didn’t answer because everything was ok. I hope it’s working on your side as well.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

tigerton
    tigerton
    Participant

Hi!

Ah! Thought the email would come through to my personal work-email.. I dont have access to info@t***n.se

Yes it does indeed seem to work fine now! Thanks! Little annoying that one has to re-setup everything with an update of the plugin :/

If I may be so bold, would love to see the ability to set a placeholder text (html5). It’s such a simple thing but does oh so much for the usability πŸ™‚

Thanks!!

tigerton
    tigerton
    Participant

Hey again!

Sorry.. But it seems an issue is now occurring when on a handheld device. You can try it out from the same site as I sent you previously. Using chromes console hit the esc key and emulate iphone 5 (or any other phone).. The search is done when hitting enter however the result is again just the ASPSTART ASPEND and we encounter a js error:
    Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘top’ of null

Very grateful for help! If you wish to email me instead send it to [email protected]

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.