Search Results Links Not Working

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Search Results Links Not Working

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 5 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    douglaswebdesigns
    douglaswebdesigns
    Participant

Greetings, I hope you are well.

I tried the Lite version of Ajax Search and liked it a lot. However, I couldn’t get the search feature to work in my CPT so I purchased the Pro version in hopes there was something I missed in the documentation.

After purchasing, I changed the shortcode for the search in all of my custom headers, ( header.php, header-trending.php ) but the design did not render like in the Lite version. So, I deactivated the Pro version when I realized that the search area was breaking – the red search works fine in the Lite version. Once I change the shortcode to pro it breaks.

My biggest concern, however, is the fact that the search function doesn’t index any of my Custom Post Type posts. If the result does come up, the links always go to the homepage even though you can clearly see the link in the bottom left corner of the browser. ( Chrome )

The website is https://ask-bioexpert.com – You can find the Ajax search in the header of each page. It works for blog page but does not render results form the Trending page.

This is the live site.

SFTP is port 2222

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

I believe the issue is, that there are two post types chosen within the lite version ‘peepso-post’ and ‘acf-field’ which are not actualy individual visual post types, but used for other storage purposes (one by Peepso for status updates storage, other for Advanced Custom Fields storage). Deselcting those, will give you the correct results: https://i.imgur.com/RlAC92G.png
    These two are alrady de-activated within the Pro version, but not yet within the lite. Some other Peepso/ACF post types might still be visible, I am updating the exceptions list all the time, but there are still some that are not used for separate content and won’t work of course.

I also checked why the plugin shortcode was not rendering on the front-end, and it took me a while, but I figured it out. For some reason, openin any of the site pages, it triggers a ‘save’ process, so the currently viewed page is updated. That should not happen whatsoever, I guess it’s either a custom code doing it, or a plugin, I was not able to trace it back. I hihgly recommend checking that, as it is triggered every time a page is viewed.

To bypass that, I have added the following code to the functions.php file in your child theme directory:

// -- AJAX SEARCH PRO -- Stop index table on front-end
    add_filter('asp_index_on_save_stop', 'asp_index_on_save_stop_filter',10, 4);
    function asp_index_on_save_stop_filter($stop, $id, $post, $update) {
    	if ( !is_admin() )
    		return true;
    	return false;
    }

This will disable the automatic index table generator, which deregisters some shortcodes during indexing, which is called by the front-end save process, which should not happen during the page rendering.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.