Search results not accurate

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Search results not accurate

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 6 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    fulhamtimber
    fulhamtimber
    Participant

Hi,

I’m having an issue with search results in the sense that they are not very accurate.

For example; if a customer were to search for ‘cement’ they would be shown products with cement in the title as well as products with titles that include the word cement, such as ‘reinforCEMENT’. Please see the attached screenshot.

I only want them to see products with the full word ‘cement’ as shown in the screenshot.

Many thanks,
    Onur

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Thank You for the proper details, I’ve logged in and looked at your current configuration.

The issue was, that you were using the default ‘OR’ keyword logic, which is to yield random matching keywords, anywhere within the text. I’ve changed that to an ‘AND’ logic with exact keyword matching. Also, the search override was not enabled, so the default WooCommerce page results were displayed. These are the changes that I made: https://i.imgur.com/itBvVON.png

You should be seeing much more strict results now.

Also, optionally, if you want to learn more about search logics and making more accurate results, I recommend these documentation chapters:
    Search logics and Search logics explained
    Index table introduction and Generating the Index table and Enabling the index table

I hope I helped!

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

fulhamtimber
    fulhamtimber
    Participant

Perfect, thank you for such a quick resolution and helpful advice.

Onur

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

fulhamtimber
    fulhamtimber
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

Quick question, I have products in the ‘[Cement’ category which do not include the word cement in the title.

Is there any way of getting them to show up in the search results as well as the category is cement?

Thanks,
    Onur

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Onur,

Yes, it is actually possible, by turnin on the Search in terms? option on the General Options -> Sources panel: https://i.imgur.com/m7iILfQ.png

That should do the trick 🙂

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.