Search results not showing due to css

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Search results not showing due to css

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by tigerton tigerton 8 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    tigerton
    tigerton
    Participant

Hi!

I’m using the ajax search on this site (posted in private details).
    It does seem to work as it should however the CSS is not being animated properly. If you open the page with firebug or chromes viewer you can see that when doing a search the css begins to animate properly and I do get the proper results (try searching for “best”, should give 1 result) but the animation ends with still having display:none; and visibility:hidden;. If i change these in style.css with !important it works as should but obviously the box containing the results is always there so it messes with the content beneath it.

Seems like the javascript setting the css is doing something wrong 🙂
    I haven’t done any changes to the plugin files and I have the latest version from codecanyon.

P.S. A nice feature would be to be able to completely disable both settings and searchicon div:s from the frontend giving the searchfield more width. Currently I’m hacking this with CSS (as can be seen in the url).

Thanks!

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

You got it right 🙂 This issue however was posted before, I thought I had fixed it. The exact cause was, that the display animation ended ~350ms after search, but before that it runs a “reset”, which closes the opened result list, which animates for ~400ms. In other words, if your server returns results below 350ms, it gets buggy.

Are you using the latest version (2.3)? It had been uploaded to codecanyon only 5 days ago. If not, then you should try to upgrade it. However you might need to erase your configured search and create a new one – so if you made some custom css changes, you should back them up 🙂

Let me know!

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

tigerton
    tigerton
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

Thanks for the quick reply!
    Sorry about the apparent doublepost but I didnt find this issue when doing a search.

I’ve uploaded the latest version (silly of me not to check again first). All it took was a re-save of the configured search, did not have to create a new one!

Thanks, a great search-enhancing plugin!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.