Search results not very accurate

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Search results not very accurate

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by

 
Participant
3 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #16897

    Participant

    Hi, it seems like the search results are not really accurate.. I am using the Index Table Engine with the following weight:

    Title weight: 100
    Content weight: 20
    Excerpt weight: 10
    Terms weight: 70
    Custom fields weight: 70
    Author weight: 8

    An example: when I am searching “connection to liquidity” there is a post with the title: “Connection from XCore to Liquidity Provider” which doesn’t show up in the list see screenshot! ( link to article: https://help.primexm.com/technology-services/xcore-module/connection-from-xcore-to-liquidity-provider/ )

    Also when searching for “xcore connection” and “connection xcore” (reverse the keywords) the results are different..

    Attaching a screenshot and sending you the login details with a secret post..

    Can you please check why this is so inaccurate?

    Also one of the reasons I am using the Index Table is to be able to search using the post tags.. however this doesn’t seem to work either.. when searching for a specific tag I added in a post, i don’t see the post in the search results..

    • This topic was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by  alekosk.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #16899

    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    #16907

    Hi!

    Thank you very much for the proper details, it helped me a lot!

    The problem was actually how the weight options were set. Since the title weight was 100, and the content was 20, there was a far bigger chance for the matches in the content to outweight the matches in the titles – since you have fairly long contents, and some important keywords repeat over 5-10 times.

    I have changed them as following (about 10 times smaller for each, except the title), I feel like this is very close to what you need:

    Title weight: 200
    Content weight: 2
    Excerpt weight: 1
    Terms weight: 7
    Custom fields weight: 7
    Author weight: 1

    The reason is, that the index table calculates the word occurrences as well. Since there are a lot of possible matches in the content, having a far higher title match chance is going to help to maintain dominant title matches at all times. You can of course experiment with these, but I highly recommend having the title weight at least 50 times higher as the content weight in your case.

    In case of the reverse term match, the first keyword is always calculated with a bit higher relevance. The configuration above will reduce it’s effect, as it will mostly affect the title matches only.

    I have also changed the keyword logic as this: https://i.imgur.com/o5UiUrY.png
    I highly recommend leaving the primary logic as ‘AND with exact word matches’, the secondary can be an OR type of logic, if you like.

    You should get much more relevant results now, at least closer to your excpectations.

    Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

    If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)


    #16912

    Participant

    Wow, thanks Ernest!
    Best support ever!

    It really works now , thanks for looking into it!

    Alekos

    #16913
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

    If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)


    #16914

    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.