Search Results Page

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    LEAFCC
    LEAFCC
    Participant

Hello,

One of the main reasons we purchased this plugin is because we believed we would be able to edit the search results page, such as in the example: http://preview.codecanyon.net/item/ajax-search-pro-for-wordpress-live-search-plugin/full_screen_preview/3357410?_ga=1.235118977.1481846690.1470419676

We wanted to add what you have in your example ‘You are searching for: cars.
    Here are 10 posts that match your criteria…’ and other custom features, but I am not seeing anything about that now that I am in the actual plugin. Am I missing something?

Thank you,
    Sierra

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

The search results page cannot be edited via a plugin unfortunately, it’s fully controlled by the actual theme you are using, that’s why this is not listed within the features anywhere. Usually the search.php file is responsible for the output (this also depends on the theme structure), which you can find in the currently active theme directory.

I’m working on a possible solution for a future release, sort of a results page builder with a custom shortcode, but that is a very long way from release – due to limitation regarding overriding page contents and differences within themes. It still won’t be able to change the layout of the default results page automatically, it’s not possible.

This plugin can only override the page layout, but it can override the results (unless there is another override active within the theme). You can read more about that in these chapters:
    Magnifier and Return event redirection
    Results override

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.