Search Results page not same as "Live Search" – no grouping

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Search Results page not same as "Live Search" – no grouping

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    petervg72
    petervg72
    Participant

Before giving credentials to a more lengthy procedure…

1) Your documentation refers to this URL, which isn’t working:
    https://knowledgebase.ajaxsearchpro.com/miscellaneous/other/how-to-change-the-results-url-to-something-else

2) What I’m trying to do is get the search results that you see when you click the “Magnifying Glass” icon (or hit return after typing some search terms), to look the same as before you click the Magnifying Glass (or hit return).

The search results you get when you do nothing other than type a search term are great! They are even grouped!
    But the results I get when I hit Return or click the Magnifying Glass are not grouped, and do not give a “results count”.

How do I get them to look similar?

I’ve attached 2 screen shots of the two different results.

Thanks!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

The search results page works completely separated from the plugin – anything regarding the layout of the results page is out of the plugins control, only the theme can affect that. The only way to do this is by custom coding the theme to group the results in a post process.

Therefore the ordering can be a bit different on the live and the results page when the grouping is enabled, since that cannot be applied on the results page by the plugin, it is impossible to do.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.