Search results randomly omitting content

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Search results randomly omitting content

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 9 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    mistercyril
    mistercyril
    Participant

Hello,

I am under the impression that search is not finding results consistently throughout the site.

I have activated the following search criteria :

• Title
    • Content
    • Excerpt

When testing search output for known content (WooCommerce custom post type “products”) some products are found and others aren’t. For example, when I type a word I know is in the title, some words always have results and some never have any. The behavior doesn’t change from one page refresh to the next.

There is one specific word that is very important to me “tube” and I know there are products containing that word, but still nothing.

I can’t figure out a pattern. Perhaps you might have some insight on why this is happening?

Best,
    C.

mistercyril
    mistercyril
    Participant

Hello Ernest,

i’m up-ing my post as i’d really like to get your input on what might be cause this issue.
    Can you help me please?

Thank you,

C.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

I believe you have fulltext search activated. The MySQL database fulltext search has some wierd disadvantages of which one is a so called “known words removing” – basically the database simply discard some words if it’s considered as a common word. I think “tube” might be considered as a common word and that’s causing the problem.

The solution is very simple. On the Fulltext settings page just disable the Fulltext search option: https://i.imgur.com/1BcUDJ5.png

Sorry for the late answer, I’ve been working on a knowledgebase for the plugins and I simply forgot to answer support tickets.

Let me know if it helps!

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.