Search returns Restricted Content – bbPress 'Private' AND s2member content

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Search returns Restricted Content – bbPress 'Private' AND s2member content

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by seamtv seamtv 10 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    seamtv
    seamtv
    Participant

Great plugin. Love it.

Couple of problems, though…

Both are related to the same issue. Protected content is showing up in searches for users who do not have permission to see it. They cannot go to the linked pages, true, but they are able to see the content title and an excerpt, which is a security breach.

The content exists in bbPress forums (topics and comments). In your plugin’s settings, there is an option to NOT search Buddypress private forums. However, since buddypress 1.8.1, all group forums have been moved into bbPress forums. Now, my bbPress forums ARE marked as ‘private’, but your plugin is ignoring this.

Next issue is with s2Member. I am using it to protect content, too. There is a setting within s2member to try and pre-filter standard WordPress search queries in order to make sure that search results do not return items that the current user is not meant to see. Your plugin manages to avoid this s2member check, which is unfortunate. I am wondering if there’s any way you can play nice with s2member in this regard?

Here is a page within s2member developer support that talks about a PHP function call to allow s2member to pre-filter search results. Might this be something you could include in your next update?

http://www.s2member.com/codex/stable/s2member/api_functions/package-functions/#src_doc_attach_s2member_query_filters()

BTW – my license code was not where your help screen says it should be. My Envato ‘Downloads’ area only has a link for ‘Regular License’ and not the actual certificate. I had to hunt through old emails, until I found a purchase transaction receipt that had a link to the license certificate as text file.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Thanks for the great response. Seems like I cant keep up with s2 and bbpress 🙂 They had a lots of upgrades in the last couple of months, had some problems, you can imagine. Anyways, I will surely look at these problems as soon as I can and upgrade the protection as soon as I can. Thanks for the s2 api link, it helps a lot!

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

seamtv
    seamtv
    Participant

I appreciate you coming back so quickly. Good luck with that. In the meantime, I am using Relevanssi, which does search bbPress content and respects s2member’s search filter interventions – probably, because it uses built-in wordpress search functions to some degree.
    Of course, I much prefer your plugin’s elegant interface, so I hope to see an update in future that does the same.
    Thank you and good luck.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.