Search settings box code

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by tjldesigns tjldesigns 7 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    tjldesigns
    tjldesigns
    Participant

Firstly – brilliant plugin – I love it!

My query is just that on my example form, as you will see on the homepage of http://memerycrystal.temporarywebsiteaddress.com/, I don’t need to make use of the pop-up search settings for this one, but in view source on the page it seems, and sorry if I’m not right here, all the code for it is there behind the scenes, but hidden (ie… <div id=’ajaxsearchprosettings1_1′ class=”wpdreams_asp_sc ajaxsearchpro searchsettings”>).

If that is the case, this is a lot of extra code, which when trying to keep the page lightweight and for forms like this one, would it possible to not include that at all?

Thanks so much, and great work!!

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Thank you for your kind words!

Unfortunately it’s required for the plugin to work correctly, as it contains the basic form data. The overall size of that HTML should be below 2kb, hopefully that’s acceptable.

Also, I’m not sure you know, but you have gzip compression enabled, which reduces your overall site data transfer by 75%, check it out: http://goo.gl/Q99AKt

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

tjldesigns
    tjldesigns
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

Thanks so much for your quick reply, that’s no problem at all – just thought I would check in case, as we’re always trying to keep our code as lightweight as possible. And yes it doesn’t cause mass impact at all, in particular with gzip compression enabled.

Keep up the great work with the plugin :).

Many thanks,
    Tonya

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.