Search setup and config

This topic contains 27 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 2 weeks, 2 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    avagyanlevon
    avagyanlevon
    Participant

Hello,

I recently purchased your product and installed it on my WordPress site. After completing the indexation and making some changes to the logic, I noticed that the search functionality is not working correctly. For example:

When searching for “man and woman,” the top results include images of kids.
    When searching for “kiwi on white background,” there is an image of garlic above the kiwi.
    I need help configuring the search to produce more relevant results. Could you please assist me with this and provide detailed instructions for future adjustments?

Thank you for your support.

Thanks

Levon

avagyanlevon
    avagyanlevon
    Participant

Additionally, I noticed that stop words are not functioning correctly; they seem to be working as negative filters.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thank you very much for all the details, it helped a lot.

It was actually a yet unknown bug related to a very specific configuration causing the problem. The issue was related to searching the post IDs, along with the “AND with exact keyword matches” logic + the stop words in combination.

What happened is, that the plugin tried to get “AND” matches from both the indexed sources and the IDs separately, ending up with some results being excluded and reverting back to the secondary logic, as if the primary was never considered.

I have made a few direct changes to the main search code to address that, I will make sure to include that in the upcoming update, so you don’t have to worry about it.

I have also made a few changes on the configuration, adjusted the keyword logic, and also added the stop-words as whole keyword exceptions so when people type it in they are being ignored (as they are not indexed). Now you should get much more relevant matches as expected.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

avagyanlevon
    avagyanlevon
    Participant

Hi Ernest, thank you very much fir your professional support. I will check searching and let you know in 2 hours.

Regards

Levon

avagyanlevon
    avagyanlevon
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

The search function is working very well. I have a few additional questions.

First, I use the Peepso community plugin on my website, which includes post-like functions. Can the Ajax Search Pro plugin calculate post views, Peepso likes, and comments to prioritize search results accordingly?

Second, can Ajax Search Pro display related posts within my Elementor post view widget?

Thank you!

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

You are welcome!

I’m afraid none of those are possible.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

avagyanlevon
    avagyanlevon
    Participant

Ernest, thanks for your reply. Do you know who can do it for me and how much it will cost?

Thanks

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

I’m sorry Levon, unfortunately I am not available for custom jobs – development and support takes all of my time.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

avagyanlevon
    avagyanlevon
    Participant

Sure, I have one more question. Can I set priority for a post based on a specific tag?

For example, if I’m searching for “apple,” I want to prioritize a specific apple image. Currently, it seems that the priority is applied to all tags for the post.

avagyanlevon
    avagyanlevon
    Participant
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Well, not exactly specific results for specific tags, but you can prioritize results individually.

Sorry about that crashed page, it was a debug output I forgot to turn off, now it should be okay.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

avagyanlevon
    avagyanlevon
    Participant

Thanks Ernest

avagyanlevon
    avagyanlevon
    Participant

Hi Ernest, how are you?

Can you please check this link https://aifusionart.com/morning-dew-on-majestic-purple-cosmos/

Please ensure that the keywords “PURPLE COSMOS” and “FLOWER” are included in the post.

When I search for “purple flower,” this post does not appear in the search results. Could you explain why?

Thank you.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

When I saved the post and searched again, it appeared in the results list.

I suspect these posts are generated or imported from somewhere and not made via the post editor. A common issue with these is that the save_post hook is not executed after a post is generated.
    Make sure that after the post is generated and all the data, tags etc.. are added, then this hook is also called for each post. This will tell WordPress to do the required maintenance on the post and execute the hooks attached to the save_post hook, such as updating the search index.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

avagyanlevon
    avagyanlevon
    Participant

Hi Ernest, this is what my dev guy answer

I do wp_insert_post

it calls the hook
    do_action( ‘save_post’, $post_id, $post, $update );

I am checking every new post added not indexing in search engine

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.