Search Setup Organization

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 7 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    pookieboy1
    pookieboy1
    Participant

Hello,
    I love your plugin so far! I’d just like to know how I can create a similar search situation as zillow.com (with 4 headings above – categories to search within). If you could just point me in the right direction or give me an idea of how i’d do this, I’d really appreciate it. (You can see the picture of the type of search I’d like attached.)

Thanks so much for your time!
    Sean

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thank you for your kind words!

From what I can see it’s some kind of a custom made engine they are using.

Unfortunately you will need some custom coding/plugin to achieve anything similar. One way I can image this is maybe using some kind of “tab” visual shortcode and placing 4 different search instances into each tab content. I believe Visual Composer plugin has something similar built in.
    I’m assuming the buy, rent, sell, estimate are categories – in which case you could configure each search instance differently, to search only within the given categories/terms (on the Advanced Options -> Exclude results results panel).

If the layout is not strict, then another possibility is to create a category filter and use the search shortcode and the settings shortcode together. You can use the shortcode generator as well, to help you position the search and the settings box.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

pookieboy1
    pookieboy1
    Participant

Thank you so much for your thoughtful response. You saved me hours or research! Thanks so much!

Have a great day! I’ll be sure to leave a 5 star rating!

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Search Setup Organization’ is closed to new replies.