Search shows incorrect results

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Search shows incorrect results

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 12 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    aghio
    aghio
    Participant

Search is returning incorrect results.
    When I select “search only in names”, and I type a post title, it shows posts which have the word in his content or his results.
    In example: Search TECH with only name in filter. You will see a post with tittle “Herreria el progreso” or “Barraca Santa Marina”, which does not have “tech” in his title.
    Please, take a look and let us understand exactly hoy filters work

I need to understand this: when I click “search on comments” I really need the search only in comments. Not in another post fields

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    aghio
    aghio
    Participant

One more thing. Now, the search doesn´t work when user is loggedin…

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thank you very much for the details, it helps me a lot!

The results are very likely matched from either the selected custom fields or via the taxonomy terms as configured here: https://i.imgur.com/FLwTr7O.png
    There is probably a custom field or a category name associated with those results which makes it a match. Try removing some custom fields or turning off the taxonomy search to see if that makes a difference, it should resolve the issue.

I also tried the search when logged in, but it seems to work okay on my end: https://i.imgur.com/sqx56vp.png
    You may only need to clear the browser cache, that should resolve that issue.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.