Search Speed

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by coffee38 coffee38 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    coffee38
    coffee38
    Participant

we only have 330 products, and search result is really slower than i expected.

check this site https://www.extron.com/ and put a word “hdmi” or anything.
    they have more than a couple 1000 products, but that fast.

how do i configure the plugin to make faster?

please help me here.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

The search speed is usually in par with the hosting server performance, but of course there are a few things you can configure to make sure it is fully optimized. I suggest following the guidelines in this documentation, and also using the index table engine.
    These should greatly improve the performance.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

coffee38
    coffee38
    Participant

yes i am using index table, i am playing around with the tips that you provided me. i will dig more

however, do you think that your plugin will be able to do as quick as the website that i showed you? https://www.extron.com ?

or at least 2~3 second to wait the result of search?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

That fast is very unlikely, unless you have a very powerful server. That search they have there is a fully custom made solution for their database, and probably running on a powerful dedicated server or VPS. WordPress in general is much slower due to the massive overhead, especially when there are a lot of plugin activated (usually over 10-15).

I have checked the performance tracker, and it reports a 0.05s query time, that is excellent: https://i.imgur.com/0VrvgKt.png
    I am also seeing response times of around 2 seconds, which I think is very optimal, considering you have over 50 plugins installed, which are automatically loaded by wordpress. I think this cannot get much faster, unless some plugins are removed or optimized
    The built in “auth check” queries that wordpress triggers have very similar, or even worse performance, so I think the configuration is optimal.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

coffee38
    coffee38
    Participant

do you think if it’s possible to run another wordpress running woocommerce with only your search engine and the search bar in our main site?
    that will make lightening fast search result?

i am using dedicated server. it’s not best but ok.
    Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1230 v6 @ 3.50GHz (8 core(s))
    Version Plesk Obsidian v18.0.24_build1800200215.00 os_CentOS 7
    OS CentOS Linux 7.7.1908 (Core)

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

That should make it faster for sure – however it is not possible to search across two separate wordpress installations unfortunately.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

coffee38
    coffee38
    Participant

thanks for quick reply.

i mean that making a wordpress site with your search engine only, then put the new search bar in our main site, like iframe or whatever proper way and searching in new site and show the result, but result link to main site since most link is the same as main except domain part.

what would you think?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Yea, that could actually work nicely.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

coffee38
    coffee38
    Participant

great!
    let me try that and see how it works, then i will let you know the result

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.