Search Stats and Google Analytics Integration Questions

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Search Stats and Google Analytics Integration Questions

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 5 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    50marketing
    50marketing
    Participant

We own another license for Ajax Search Pro that’s used on this site, here’s the purchase code: **moved**

Site Search Statistics Questions:

When I try to enable statistics (https://www.indianacountypa.gov/wp-admin/admin.php?page=asp_statistics), the “Enable Statistics?” field will not stay enabled. I click to enable it, then click “Get Statistics” or leave the page and come back, and it’s disabled again. How can I get this setting to stick so that we can start tracking site search stats?

Also, I set up Analytics Integration, but then realized something, Google Analytics won’t track searches that are only done using Ajax, is that correct? i.e. if someone searches the site and just chooses from the items that pop up as they search, and do NOT go to an actual search results page, then Google can’t track that search query, right?

Thanks for your help.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

I have enabled the statistics for you via the back-end access. After pressing the button, the page should reload and automatically save the option. I guess there might have been a script conflict there, now it should be enabled.

The analytics integration is to track the search queries as pageviews when ajax search is used. When enabled, the plugin will send a page view when a live search is successfully completed and the results have been displayed. The results page is simply tracked by google analytics as a pageview automatically, without this option active.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

50marketing
    50marketing
    Participant

It’s working now, thank you!

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.