Search Statstic show no results

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Search Statstic show no results

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    kubus_IT59
    kubus_IT59
    Participant

Dear WP Dreams support,

thank you for this great plugin. We really love it and rated 5 stars on Envato. However we face an error, where we don’t have found the cause. We enabled Search Statistics on our test system as well as on our live system. But the Statistics page won’t show anything when we did some test searches.

Do we have to set up something else except the “enable statistics” switch? I already searched on Envato and googled, but I didn’t find a similiar request, so I get either we missed something obvious or we have a wrong setup.

I can provide you with more information if the latter is the case of course. Thank you already in advance. As I said, your plugin is amazingly good – thank you πŸ™‚

Ajax search pro 4.18.4
    Wordpress 5.4.1

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thank you very much for your kind words!

Is the live search enabled on the search bar, or does it only redirect to the results page? Redirected searches does not trigger statistics, as they are already a page view by themselves.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

kubus_IT59
    kubus_IT59
    Participant

Thank you for clarification, however I am not completely sure if this applies to our site so I am in doubt a little now – maybe you could clear this up:

We have Live Search enabled, BUT the results are displayed with the CSS Class – Elementor System you implemented. With this we are able to display the results over our full page in the way we want, rather than having a small box appearing at the search bar. So does this mean we cannot use Search Statistics as long as we depend on the Elementor Results View? Could we then trigger the Statistics Records some other way?

Thank you for any help on this.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Oh okay, that explains it. I checked the source, and indeed, it does not trigger when using elementor. This is actually a bug, it should work.
    There is a minor release planned for this weekend, I can resolve this as well within that – if you can wait until then.

Also, if you want a bit more in-depth analytics, I can recommend the google analytics events integration. Apart from which result the user clicks on within the elementor container, it should work.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

kubus_IT59
    kubus_IT59
    Participant

Ah, glad you found the bug. Thank you for checking that out. We can wait for the next update of course as we now know the source of the problem. It really isn’t a must, but it would be awesome if you could just ping me in this ticket when the fix is out, so that I can push the update (we normallydo non-critical updates on a monthly basis before testing them- but as this is important to us, I would test it immediately).
    Again, thank you for the good commitment! Appreciate it πŸ™‚

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

You are welcome, and thank you for your kind words πŸ™‚ You should get a notification mail from codecanyon, once the update is published.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

kubus_IT59
    kubus_IT59
    Participant

Okay, sounds great, thank you!

kubus_IT59
    kubus_IT59
    Participant

Dear Ernest Marcinko,
    thank you for fixing the bug quickly. We are currently testing the new version. Finally the search statistics show results, however we discovered a few things that we’re not sure are intended:

1. If a user does a search, we show the results via live search in an Elementor container. If then the user changes a frontend filter, the search results get adjusted, BUT it counts as a new search for the term he searched. Meaning if he searches for “forest”, this appears in the statistics. If he then changes a filter (e.g. “online courses”) then adds a +1 count to the statistics for “forest”.

2. We have a global search bar always on top of the main navigation the user can access from every page. With this we use a Redirect to the Search Results page from WordPress. However this will not be seen in the statistics. Is there a way to count this search too?

Again – thank you for all the work you’ve already done on this. It’s really a great job you did so far! We do love the new update! πŸ™‚

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

You are welcome πŸ™‚

1. & 2. – Both are intended yet. Issue 1. is because of the old design of the statistics. Once we get to the rework, this is going to change a bit, as it will also not the filter states.
    The results page search is not recorded on purpose, as it already adds a pageview – where in most cases people use analyitcs or other page tracking, which already does this. I think this will be an option for the reworked version as well.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.