Search subcategories

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 9 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Kim Petersen
    Kim Petersen
    Participant

I can’t get the plugin to search in mu sub-cateries. Can you fix it?

Regards

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

I don’t seem to understand the problem. I just logged in your site and everything looks normal to me. I can see the post categories and I can select them as well.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Kim Petersen
    Kim Petersen
    Participant

Hi Ernest

Thank you for the feedback.
    It seems like the search engine only works in the category “nyheder” (news)
    When I want to search for post in fx. the category called “IWB” and subcategory “Idræt” it can’t find anything.
    Hope you understand my problem.

Regards

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Thank you, I understand now. I just installed the newest version (3.1) and it seems that it solved the problem. Let me know if it’s not working.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Kim Petersen
    Kim Petersen
    Participant

Now it works! But it does not show pictures in the proposals anymore. How come?

Thanks you for great support!

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

No problem at all!

I took an extra hour to look at your sites code, but I can’t understand some things. For example, the post “West Point Bridge Designer” has an image on the post page: https://i.imgur.com/4EUogaf.png

But, when I look at the post editor, I can’s see this image set anywhere, so the search can’t see it either: https://i.imgur.com/zr9TNjE.png

The search can’t see this image, because it’s not a featured image nor is it in the content. Where are those images coming from? Are they set in a custom field? I have tried to look throuhg the template code, but I can’t find where those images are coming from.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Kim Petersen
    Kim Petersen
    Participant

Oh, I see. For images I use a plugin called “Default thumbs plus”. I have uploaded photos for each category. When users post, the thumbnail will automatic be set…

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

I took a look at the default thumbnails plugin source code and modified the search code a bit, now you should be able to see the images.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.