Search-Tool is not working from viewport: mobile phone (but tablet works!)

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Search-Tool is not working from viewport: mobile phone (but tablet works!)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    LR-ART94
    LR-ART94
    Participant

Hello,
    the search-tool ist not working by using a phone in portrait-modus. When using the landscape-modus the search works fine.

I hope you have a quick fix – this issue wasn’t there befor updating to the latest version from codecanyon. I downgraded the version to 4.22. but the issue is still there. We haven’t change any settings.

Please have a look 🙂
    Thanks a lot,
    Luca

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Luca,

Please upgrade back to the latest release, downgrading is a ver bad idea, the search configuration data can get corrupted.

As for the issue, try turning on this option. I am seeing a menu injection done via a 3rd party script. That may explain the issue. The previous version scripts were slower, and probably the timing made it work by accident.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

LR-ART94
    LR-ART94
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

I enabled this option but it is still not working. Maybe there is another solution? Can I give you access to the page that you can have a look? 🙂
    Thanks a lot,
    Luca

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Sure!

Please make sure to add temporary back-end and FTP access as well. I will have to do a debugging via editing the source files.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

LR-ART94
    LR-ART94
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Thank you very much!

I have managed to resolve the issue. The mutation observer feature, which should react when an element is moved, was not working correctly, and was not finding the cloned header search. I have made a correction, which will be included in the upcoming release as well.
    After clearing all layers of cache on your site, you should be seeing the search working again on all devices.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

LR-ART94
    LR-ART94
    Participant

Hello Ernest,

that’s awesome to read! Thanks a lot for your help 🙂

All the best,
    Luca

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.