Search using filters without typing

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Search using filters without typing

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 7 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    starbellydesigns
    starbellydesigns
    Participant

Is it possible to select certain filter options without typing anything in the Search field and have it pull results? I tried selecting Spokane in the Location filter and clicked the Search/magnifying glass button and nothing happened.

Tom

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

It is possible, just check the following options on the General Options -> Behavior panel:

Minimal character count to trigger search should be set to 0 and
    – ..the Trigger live search when changing a facet on settings? should be turned on: https://i.imgur.com/EflCbBB.png

After that, the live search should trigger once a setting is changed.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

starbellydesigns
    starbellydesigns
    Participant

Thanks that seems to work but now when the results show, the filter box disappears and you have to click the filter button again to get them to show. I have it set to display block instead of hover under Frontend Search Settings. Is it possible to have the filter box open all the time?

Tom

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Tom,

A few days ago you asked for a solution to close the filter box once the setting changes, and I gave you this code for it: https://wp-dreams.com/forums/topic/filter-box-z-index/

If you remove that code, it will no longer close as per requested before.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.