Search Won't Work

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 10 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    damiko
    damiko
    Participant

Hello,

I am attempting to use your fantastic search plugin to search rental properties on my website, rentsudbury.com.

When I try and search, say, “1 bedroom”, the loading gif just continues endlessly and no results are displayed.

The website is one site in a multisite network (search only needs to search this site), and I can only get it to work with network activate.

I temporarily hid the form using “display: none” on the header-search class. You can find this in the jetpack css editor (appearance -> edit css).

Hope you can help!

Thanks,
    Mike

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Mike!

Will look at this first thing tomorrow morning as soon as I get into the office (~9 hours). Thank you for the detailed description and login details. It will make this a lot easier to solve πŸ™‚

Probably it’s just a minor issue, no worries.

Best,
    Ernest

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

I almost got this. It was something wrong with the multisite options, I reverted it to default and it shows results now. However if I select the agent and the property custom post type, it does not search them. Couldn’t figure out why yet. Can you please check the ftp access you gave, I cannot log in through my ftp client with it. I might need to run a few debugging test to figure out why it isn’t searching the properties πŸ™‚

Thanks!

Best,
    Ernest

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

damiko
    damiko
    Participant

Ah, yes… the user name should be enterta0 for the ftp. Apologies.

Thanks for the good support!

damiko
    damiko
    Participant

Any luck? I might have to rehide the search form if it’s going to take a bit.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

I was just going to sleep when I got your message. I’m located in central Europe πŸ™‚ I’ve updated the sidebar of this site to see the support schedule, so customers from US and Australia won’t get frustrated.

Anyways, I’m going to look at this in a minute. Will let you know if I find the problem πŸ™‚

Thanks!

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Still cant login to ftp. I have tried the username enterta0 with the given url and also with the web url, but no luck πŸ™

Can you please check it again?

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

damiko
    damiko
    Participant

Arg! Turns out the password was incorrect.

entertainmentsudbury.com
    enterta0 / ZildianX869

Thanks

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Good news! I have located the issue, it was something wrong with the content filtering, not sure what. Either way, I tracked down and removed 1 line from the search, it should work now perfectly!

Best,
    Ernest

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.