Searching for posts by taxonomy

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Searching for posts by taxonomy

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Chariti Canny Chariti Canny 8 years ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Chariti Canny
    Chariti Canny
    Participant

I am using custom taxonomies, calling them Post Topics.

One topic is “Tricks”. I thought I had all the settings right on the home search and the widget search for searching for posts that have that particular taxonomy, but when I type “tricks” into the search bar, the post with “tricks” as a post topic doesn’t show up–only posts that have the word trick in them show up. The post with this taxonomy is:

http://dev.florence.duarte.com/2016/03/10/fw-what-to-do-when-webex-wont-work-on-windows-10/

Secondly, is there a setting so that when I type tricks it will also show trick? I feel like I’ve seen that somewhere on your KB but I can’t find it now.

Thanks!

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

To get Post type results by related taxonomy terms, turn on the Search in terms? (categories, tags) option on the bottom of the General Options -> Behavior panel.

If you also want to return some of the taxonomy terms as results, you can select the taxonomies on the General Options -> Sources 2 panel. I think that’s what you are looking for.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Chariti Canny
    Chariti Canny
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

The problem was that the index table was created before Post Topics was selected on the Index table options panel. I’ve tried to re-create the index table by clicking on the “Create New Index” and it’s working now.

There should be a notification appearing when the index table options were changed to notify you to re-create the index, but it’s not working due to a bug, which I always forget to fix. Sorry about that.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Chariti Canny
    Chariti Canny
    Participant

WOW! thank you so much! I’ll document this workflow (options, index table last) so I don’t have the same issue in the future.

Chariti

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Searching for posts by taxonomy’ is closed to new replies.