Searching in BuddyPress Forums (before bbpress)

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Searching in BuddyPress Forums (before bbpress)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by dabeebe2000 dabeebe2000 8 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    dabeebe2000
    dabeebe2000
    Participant

I apologize for opening a second ticket. I have spent at least two hours researching before sending to you. I am using BuddyPress with the old forums – not bbpress. It appears from your dev history that it is supported to index those forums for searching. No matter what I try I can’t seem to get the content in the forums indexed. It sees the groups fine, but there doesn’t seem to be a configuration option to get it to drop into the actual forums in the group. Is this by chance not able to be done and you only focus on bbpress forums? If you can let me know that would help a lot, just so I can figure out my strategy. And you actually have the login information from my last ticket if you want to look at it.

Oh, and to me the most logical place would be a forum mentioned in custom post options, but it isn’t there.

Thanks, David

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

I had to check the version codes for this one, then I remembered. The support of that was removed back in version 2.x, about year and a half ago when BuddyPress converted forums to BBPress internally.

The reason BuddyPress changed to BBPress was that the old forums weren’t custom post types, they were a separate data table with custom functions and stuff. Most plugins could not communicate with it, as there was no documentation or interface to make it work. I remember it took me a good while to find out stuff from the BuddyPress core.

Anyways, I don’t know if I can restore that to the current version for you, the current Ajax Search Pro core is very different from version 2.0.
    I think there is an option to convert the old forums to BBPress, that way the search will definitely work.

If you can’t do that, I can look into restoring this feature somehow, but it might take a while depending on how much bug related tickets will I get in the next couple of days.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

dabeebe2000
    dabeebe2000
    Participant

If there is any way to get that functionality back that would be fantastic. I have tested pretty thoroughly going to bbpress, but unfortunately there are some challenges with my setup that won’t allow it to happen very easily. Eventually I will have to make it work, but I can’t right now, and I would love to use your plugin. Thanks!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.