searching on selected categories

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support searching on selected categories

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 10 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    hkkatti
    hkkatti
    Participant

We have bought Ajax search pro product and require solution for following. We are using wordpress along with Elementor Pro.
    We have many documents that are categorised and navigated through those categories. We would like to restrict the search to selected category through front end search settings “Filter by categories”. We are not able to limit the scope of search to selected category. Search is happening on all categories. Please provide the solution for the same.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

It’s a bit hard to tell only by a screenshot – but as first suggestion I would recommend trying different variations for these options: https://i.imgur.com/nFF6jt2.png
    Those options are usually the culprit if something is not showing up as it should.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

hkkatti
    hkkatti
    Participant

We have tried many combinations but not able to limit the scope of the search to selected categories.When we switch off “show post/CPM…..” nothing is shown in the result(ref: screen ). We have only pages categorised in to many. This feature is critical to our website. Appreciate your help in resolving this issue.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

hkkatti
    hkkatti
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

hkkatti
    hkkatti
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Those numbers just basically show how many elements (posts or other post types) are associated with them. If it shows 0 – then it means, there are no items associated with that category, therefore filtering by it will return nothing as well.
    You can assign these categories to the posts on the post editor panel.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.