Searching Source 2 taxonomies

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Searching Source 2 taxonomies

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by davidb714 davidb714 2 years ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    davidb714
    davidb714
    Participant

Hello. I thought I would ask you if a search is possible, before I rearrange my WordPress multisite.

I have 5 sites in my multisite installation. On the primary site, I have a WordPress one page site with a menu and gallery that basically serves as an intro to my other sites.

I recently decided to create an Ajax Search Page to search the subsides to replace the current primary site image based homepage.

The problem I have is that one of my subsides is a web directory created with the Directories Pro plugin.

I use Ajax Search Pro on the web directory sub site, and I have it configured to search directories pro content through the Source 2 Options.

I have not been able to include the web directory source 2 taxonomies in the copy of the web directory search instance I created to search from the primary site.

A workaround I thought of is to create the Ajax site search page on the web directory sub site, rather than the primary domain. Ajax Search Pro searches everything fine from there. I could then redirect to make the web directory subset the landing site.

Before I started on the workaround, I wanted to check to see if there is a setting or configuration I missed that would make the web directory source 2 taxonomies accessible from the multisite primary site.

Thank you,

David

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi David,

I’m afraid there is no better workaround for this at the moment. The back-end always gets the taxonomies from the currently active site only. The best is to have all the taxonomies available on all installations – but I can udnerstand that is not always possible.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

davidb714
    davidb714
    Participant

Thank you for letting me know this, Ernest. This is something i can keep in mind when I create future sub sites on the installation. I am excited about the search page I am creating for the site, I am just glad I can make it work via the workaround. Ajax Search Pro is a great plugin!

David

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

davidb714
    davidb714
    Participant

Yes that is fine to close it. It would be great if the taxonomies could be made available across the network in a future release! I will rate Ajax Search Pro on codecanyon. Thank you for all of your efforts!

David

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.