Selecting different theme in theme chooser causes browser and os to get stuck

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Selecting different theme in theme chooser causes browser and os to get stuck

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by warrior7089 warrior7089 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    warrior7089
    warrior7089
    Participant

Hi, i’m experiencing 2 problems after plugin installation:
    1) If i go to theme options -> overall box layout -> theme chooser dropdown menu and try to choose different than simple red. Javascript popup come up which causes the browser to get stuck in a way that i have to hard reset the computer with a button.
    firefox and ubuntu get completely stuck.
    2) Can you explain what does ‘Search box background gradient‘ in theme options mean, please? I tried to change the color to green there, but it doesn’t work. Maybe i’m looking in the wrong place.
    Thanks in advance.

• This topic was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by warrior7089 warrior7089.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

1. I’ve just tried on a Ubuntu virtual machine + latest FF, but it loads for me fine. I’m guessing there might be a browser plug-in involved – perhaps an input validation or something that listens to DOM imput change events. It’s extremely hard to find out, and if it’s indeed a browser plugin, there is nothing I can do about it, as they relation to the web page is only one way.
    My suggestion is to perhaps try another browser, like chrome, preferably without any plug-ins. I have no better suggestion unfortunately, as I’m not able to replicate the issue, so it’s probably situational.

2. It’s basically the search bar background color – but separated to a gradient. With some themes you might have to change Search input field background gradient option on the Input field layout panel to see a change, especially in cases where the whole search bar is the same color: https://i.imgur.com/j9Pw1WY.png
    I believe this applies to the default theme as well.

I hope this helps!

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

warrior7089
    warrior7089
    Participant

Hi, Ernest.
    1) Trying in Chrome resolved the issue.
    2) Played with themes and your suggestion works
    Thanks!

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

warrior7089
    warrior7089
    Participant

of course, np.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Selecting different theme in theme chooser causes browser and os to get stuck’ is closed to new replies.