Settings are common for search instances in Multisite

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Settings are common for search instances in Multisite

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    mkurdybanowski
    mkurdybanowski
    Participant

Hi there,

We are using your plugin in WP Multisite.

Basically, search has been configured in one of the sites and then it has been imported to remaining sites (using Instances method, not Settings Only).

We spotted an issue where all the settings seems to be shared across all our sites, eg. If I change placeholder text on one site, it is also changed on all the others. Same applies to any other setting.

Is this intended? How do I change it so that each site can be configured separately once search instance has been imported?

Kind regards

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

This is intended behavior, because the search instances are accessible across the whole subsite.

If you want different settings, then the best and easiest way is to make a duplicate of the current search, change the settings and use that shortcode on the desired subsite. That way you can have as many differently configured search bars across the multisite as you need, and use any of them anywhere.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

mkurdybanowski
    mkurdybanowski
    Participant

Thanks Ernest.

Is there any way to translate search bar placeholder? A filter or something?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

You are welcome.

If you only want to change it, you can do it on the back-end here. In case you are using WPML or Polylang then you can also translate every front-end component via the string translations.

Also, if you prefer to change it programmatically, you can use the asp_icl_t hook.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.