settings disappearing

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 9 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Nota Notari
    Nota Notari
    Participant

Hi,
    when I go to “general options”—> “Image options” an I try to select “custom field” for “Primary image source”. everything disappears, and I can’t save the settings. The same happens when I try to choose a theme or choose a logic. I tried diabling the plug-ins, same issues as before. I enabled the error reporting in wp-config and everything is fine. My theme is explicit from themeforest.
    Attached a screenshot of what happenes after selecting a theme (minimal dark) in the menu.
    regards
    Federica

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

This definitely looks like a javascript issue, since it’s working until you interact with the select box. An event handler is most likely connected in an incorrect way and it interacts with the search plugin as well. This can come from 2 places: 3rd party plugins or the theme

Since you tried to disable all the plugins, then the only thing left is the theme. There must be a file which is loaded by the theme. Try to switch the theme temporary, and the problem should go away immediately.

Let me know how it goes.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Nota Notari
    Nota Notari
    Participant

hi,
    I found out that with Internet explorer (64 bits) I can change the settings and save them, even if it takes a while to load.
    With chrome and firefox they keep disappearing.

Nota Notari
    Nota Notari
    Participant

It’s the same for the autocomplete when I use the actual search. It works with IE, but not with firefox and chrome.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

It’s surely a stlyesheet issue on the frontend and the javascript issue on the backend. These issues are related to the theme or plugins.

I can’t tell what exactly causes unless I see it. If you can provide an url, I can check. Try to switch the theme to the default and see what happens. If it’s not working, then it’s a plugin causing the problem.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.