Shortcode Issue on Sliding Panel

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Shortcode Issue on Sliding Panel

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 8 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Kyle Bailey
    Kyle Bailey
    Participant

I think I have a handle on most of what I need but am not sure on where the error lies of my latest stumble. I’m using your shortcode with another plugin, Ninja Sliding Panel, and when that panel closes the search box stays visible until a user scrolls down the page a bit. The search results also stay visible if I change tabs while the panel is open. I am not overly technical so not sure where fault lies but am wondering if there is a way to check to see who is more responsible.

The helped me out with a z-index issue allowing the search results to show above their panel and I’ve asked them to look into this issue as well but I figured that perhaps you might have an idea what to look for etc as well.

I’d also like to know if there is a way to extend the search results window to the available vertical size rather than the current box size. I’ve looked and played with multiple settings in your tool but to no avail. If possible I’d like it to fill the maximum vertical space available so it adjusts on desktop and on mobile.

I’ve also got an issue where I can’t seem to eliminate posts from showing up under a custom page/post type but I’ll keep trying combos before I resort to a support posting.

Hope you can help. 🙂

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Kyle Bailey
    Kyle Bailey
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

By default the search results are displayed in an absolute position element (to allow hovering under the search bar). In this case the result box parent is the document body itself, to ensure nothing else can influence it’s position and the calculations regarding it. The reason the results stay visible is exactly because of this – there is no connection between the pop-up and the search results box.

The solution is going to be really simple, just change the Results Layout Position option to “Block” on the Layout Options -> Results layout panel: https://i.imgur.com/q6D5kvK.png

This way the results are displayed just below the search box as a block element, and stay within the scope of the pop-up box in a static position.

An alternative solution would be to trigger a document click event when the pop-up open/close button is clicked, by putting this code to the footer.php in your active theme directory:

<script type="text/javascript">
    jQuery(function($) {
        $(".fa").on("click", function(){
            $(document).click();
        });
    });
    </script>
    Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.