Shortcodes for different search boxes?

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Shortcodes for different search boxes?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    etherplain49
    etherplain49
    Participant

Hi there,

I’m trying to do two things. One is that I’d like the search form to appear as a compact box (with flyout) on desktops, but display as a full search box on tablets and mobile. I’m using beaver builder and so I figured that the way to do this would be to generate a short code from each “rendition” of the search and just hide/show depending on screen size (i.e.. using @Media queries). However, I can’t for the life of me figure out how to–or if it’s even possible–to generate different shortcodes. I assume this is possible, but perhaps that’s wrong.

On another–albeit related–note, I want to use the search feature for my custom post type pages, and again I’m assuming I could generate a shortcode and place it on a page displaying that content and use the search to filter through them. If so I’m not at all sure how to do this or if it’s even the best approach to filtering CPTs.

Was hoping you could give e an example(s) or direct me to explicit instructions as I can’t seem to find this info in the knoweldgebase, or am simply not understanding it if it is there.

thank you.
    -Greg

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Greg,

If you click on the Ajax Search Pro menu, you can create as many search bars as you need: https://i.imgur.com/0O3ChsJ.png
    Then there are the different search shortcodes for each search bar. Each one you can configure as you like 🙂

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

etherplain49
    etherplain49
    Participant

Thank you. I suppose that should have been obvious, but it wasn’t (at least to me).

-Greg

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

No problem, I am more than happy to help. There are many features in the plugin, it takes some time to get used to it.

If you don’t mind, I will close this topic soon and mark it as resolved, feel free to open another one if you have other questions or issues.

If you like the plugin and have not rated already, feel free to leave a rating on your codecanyon downloads page, it’s greatly appreciated.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.