Show description in result

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Show description in result

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Bobak
    Bobak
    Participant

Hi,
    this ticket has nothing to do with other problems I am having with Ajax search pro.

inside: LAYOUT OPTIONS > RESULTS LAYOUT & FIELDS I have turned on “Show description (content) in results?” and also turn on “Display the description context?” but they do not function.

when I search for something instead of showing the DESCRIPTION in the result, it will show SHORT DESCRIPTION which are two completely different things. Based on what the setting state, I want the result to show DESCRIPTIONS not SHORT DESCRIPTIONS.

Thank you

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

The description in this case means the text below the title field. The actual content of the description field can be configured via the primary and secondary content fields, as well as via the advanced content fields.

In your case, I believe you want to display the post content field instead of the excerpt, which you can change here: https://i.imgur.com/ihXbQbU.png
    That should do the trick.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.