Show search results related to product tags

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Show search results related to product tags

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    spidercreations
    spidercreations
    Participant

Sorry about the late reply. I’m not looking to specify limit to one tag. Business case as follows. (Note that I purchased your plugin already.) For each product there will be multiple tags. Tags will be (example): ford, chevy, dodge, subaru, fiat, mazda, pontiac, chrysler, buick, lincoln, mercury, volvo, Alfa Romeo, Aston Martin, Audi, Bentley, BMW and so on.

The tags will represent what cars the product will fit.

Product 1
    Tags: chevy, mazda, subaru

Product 2
    Tags: buick, mazda, murcury, volvo, BMW

Product 3
    Tags: Aston Martin, Audi, Bentley

Product 4
    Tags: chevy, mazda, subaru

In the above listing, if the site visitor starts typing in mazda, the ajax search results will include Products 1, 2 and 4 only, since those are the products that fit the mazda.

So that is our business requirement. If you know of another way to put this together, please let me know.

If this post covers it – https://wp-dreams.com/knowledge-base/searching-within-given-categoriestaxonomy-terms-only/ – I’m a bit confused as to how to implement it.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

I believe this is what you are looking for: https://documentation.ajaxsearchpro.com/general-settings/search-in-terms-categories-tags

That should include all the information. I hope this helps!

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

spidercreations
    spidercreations
    Participant

Thanks for the reply, but your link seems to be broken.
    Steve

spidercreations
    spidercreations
    Participant

OK. Figured out your link. The last three dots are messing it up. I got to this page.

That works, but is there a way to pre-populate the results with the tags as the site visitor starts typing?

I have quite a few tags that start in a similar way. As an example, you start typing

p100

And these are available to select from the pre-populated drop-down…

p100 full
    p100 sub
    p100 sub compact
    p100 vtac

(The above are all some tags that I apply to products.

I’m still hunting through the documentation, but really appreciate your help!

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Steve,

Sorry abou that, this should work.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

spidercreations
    spidercreations
    Participant

OK, sorry … figured out how to associate the product tags and show only those for the autocomplete, but I’d like to show all of those matching. In this example, the user started typing in scuba, and the ajax system provided a list of posts that match.

Want something similar, just showing the tags available to select from.

Thank you!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    spidercreations
    spidercreations
    Participant

Thanks again for the awesome support. I’ll be buying additional licenses as the need presents itself with clients.

Kind of looking for the results/options of tags to show up like this so the user can select from available tags that meet what they have typed in so far.

See attached.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    spidercreations
    spidercreations
    Participant

Disregard. I think I got it.

General Options > Sources 2 … I selected the product – Product tags option. There were also other options including product – Tags and product – Tags again. (Yes, twice.) But I don’t think those worked?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

I think WooCommerce runs multiple taxonomies by the same name in some cases. Not sure why though. I have noticed that shipping classes are also registered as ‘tags’, which is confusing. I will make sure to somehow exclude those items from the list in the upcoming release.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.