Show Taxonomy filter

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by ThBunte ThBunte 7 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    ThBunte
    ThBunte
    Participant

Actual the website is under Maintenance, because we in development.
    We create a CustomPostType with an own hierachical Taxonomy called “Produktgruppen”. The Taxonomy has 127 values down to 3rd level and 7 elements on first level.

Target was to create a Filter Setting where you can choose one of these first level values and get the related taxonomy values under the choosen hierachy.
    But we still get always all taxonomy values.

What do we made wrong?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

If I understand correctly you would want to display only the top level taxonomy terms and only display the child terms of it, once it’s selected.

Unfortunately there is no such feature built in the plugin, you will need a custom code for that. Luckily this should not be too complicated, I’ve put together a possible solution to start off. Use it in the functions.php file in your active theme directory to include:

This basically does the following:
    – Upon loading, if a checkbox is unchecked then hides all of it’s children (sub categories)
    – Upon clicking hides/shows the sub-categories depending on the checkbox status

So basically it will only display the checkboxes under a category, if the parent is checked. I hope this helps!

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

ThBunte
    ThBunte
    Participant

First of all, tnx for quick response. My first test didn’t fix the problem.
    But i went know out for 3days to promote the new Portal on a exhibition and could check it at friday again.

Bye Thomas

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.