show the post content that has the highlighted word match only

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support show the post content that has the highlighted word match only

This topic contains 14 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    kokosan
    kokosan
    Participant

Hi, the post content that has hilighted word match shows up in the search result is ok, make sense to me. However some post contents show up in the result with no any word highlighted match at all. It shouldn’t show up if no any hilighted word match, shouldn’t it. I’ve tried this one by one but the it still shows the post content that has no any highlighted word match in the result. https://documentation.ajaxsearchpro.com/behavior/search-logic/search-logics-explained

How can I show the post content that has the highlighted word match only.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

The highlighter is only applied after the search process is completed. It is more likely that the content is either filtered or changed a tiny bit by WordPress hooks and the highligthed keyword is no longer present in the content field.

Depending on the configuration it is also possible that the match is coming from the title or from a different selected custom field, which may not be part of the content, which is then not highlighted.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

kokosan
    kokosan
    Participant

I have tried a keyword that doesn’t match the title or any custom field, but still it show up. That means my keyword is not related to the title and custom field at all. And I even disable filter but not working.

I have basic configuration that comes with the options of the plugin but don;t know why this happen. Can you check my configuration?

• This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by kokosan kokosan.
    kokosan
    kokosan
    Participant

You can try this keyword “ถ่ม”

kokosan
    kokosan
    Participant

I try longer word, no prolem. It seems that this happen in short word. Maybe this is related to language character?

kokosan
    kokosan
    Participant

Is it possible to be based on character, other than word? Showing the results by character matching due to my language.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Check if the highlighter is set to match partials as well: https://i.imgur.com/OC3rbDk.png
    It may not work for all the languages though – especially the ones with multibyte characters, javascript can’t deal with all the character boundaries.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

kokosan
    kokosan
    Participant

Disabling that option doesn’t show any highlight.

I’ve tried again. The keyword I told you has 3 characters. I also tried other words that have 3 characters and even 2 characters but no problem. The highlights show up correctly, no results without highlight. As I know for now It happens only the keyword I told you, it shows the result without highlight, strange. When it shows the result, there should be highlights on it. For example, it show 10 post results. The 6 results have highlights but the 4 results have no highlights but just show results and no keyword exists on the results.

kokosan
    kokosan
    Participant

About this “Disabling that option doesn’t show any highlight.” Enable not disable, my mistake. Enabling this option doesn’t show any highlight, so I set to disable by default.

kokosan
    kokosan
    Participant

FYI: I’ve tried again. It doesn’t happen only with that keyword, happen with other keyword as well. That mean it happen with some and not with some.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Okay, thank you for the feedback. I believe the issue is not the highlighter, but the search query matches non-accented characters as well.

Can you please try the following settings: https://i.imgur.com/ePsiscg.png
    This will force exact case and unicode character matches only. It should reduce the number of results to only exactly matching the characters with accents.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

kokosan
    kokosan
    Participant

This is what I want, thank you!

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

kokosan
    kokosan
    Participant

Sure! I’ve rated it. Check it out.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘show the post content that has the highlighted word match only’ is closed to new replies.