Showing specific results on show all option/Keep results even when not active

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Showing specific results on show all option/Keep results even when not active

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    tomshannon
    tomshannon
    Participant

Hi,

I just started using your plugin and have been really impressed with it so far. I have three questions I have not been able to work out using your knowledge base.

My test page that I am using for your search plugin is as follows https://zenglish.jp/page-elements/

1) I would like to show only results that have a certain category/tag attached to them. This works great with the filters applied, however when the page loads it shows all of the post type I have chosen.

2) If I click away from the search area the results disappear, what I would like is for them to stay even if someone clicks away. https://ajaxsearchpro.com/staff-search-filter/ this is a great example as the staff results stay no matter where you click on the page.

3) As you can see from the categories section on the search settings there are a number of options. I would like to display this without a scroll bar. How would I change the dimensions of the search settings?

Thank you so much for any help that you can give me, I look forward to hearing back from you!

Many Thanks
    Tom

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Tom,

Thank you very much for your kind words!

1. I think this is going to help you out: Restricting results to specific categories only

2. If you turn off his option, it will do the trick: https://i.imgur.com/gfNt2NO.png

3. On this panel here, change the max height to ‘none’, and the scrollbar will not trigger. That should do the trick.

I hope this helps!

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

tomshannon
    tomshannon
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

Thank you so much for you quick response and sorry for my slow one. Your advice was perfect and solved all my issues.

I have another question if I may. I have multiple choices that I would like to split up with headings like so
    List
    However I would like to let the user only choose a single option. Is there a way to create a single list with multiple headings?

Many thanks
    Tom

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Tom,

I’m afraid this is no option for that, but it might be possible via using a custom script. Try adding this custom code to the functions.php in your theme/child theme directory. Before editing, please make sure to have a full site back-up just in case!

add_action('wp_footer', 'asp_radio_reset_to_click');
    function asp_radio_reset_to_click() {
      ?>
      <script>
      jQuery(function($){
        $('.asp_w input[type=radio]').on('click', function(){
          $(this).closest('form').find('input[type=radio]').prop('checked', false);
          $(this).prop('checked', 'true'); 
        });             
      });
      </script>
      <?php
    }

This should very likely do the trick.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.