Slow performance since last WordPress update

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Slow performance since last WordPress update

This topic contains 14 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Miguel
    Miguel
    Participant

Hello Ernest, since last wordpress update I am suffering very poor performance on Ajax Search Pro, all searc results take over 7 seconds to show when before it was almost instant. I have not increased my database size or nothing.

Please take a look at these sectiones powered by Ajax Search Pro:

1 – Right sidebar widget “BuscaTandas”, press search and wait a lot.
    2 – https://infotandas.com/listado-organizadores-v1/
    3 – https://infotandas.com/listado-de-circuitos/

Let me know what to do please.

Thanks.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Interesting, as there was no significant change within the WordPress core in relation with the plugin. This might be something new.
    Can you please try these performance related options first: https://documentation.ajaxsearchpro.com/performance-tuning/fine-tuning-the-search-configuration
    I highly recommend the changes in chapters 1 & 2, those should have a very positive impact.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Miguel
    Miguel
    Participant

Ok, I tried:

Points 1.1 to 1.3 are not valid for my site, as they are not “usual” search forms.
    Point 1.4, cache, made it even slower.
    Custom handler made no difference
    Image crop was disabled already
    Etc…

So basically almost every point in my settings was as that tutorial tells me to do. And the plugin performed great before, like…2/3 seconds to drop results. But now…from 7 to 12 seconds.

The only thing I did not try is the Index Table, but I can’t see a reason to use this on my site.

Can you help me please?

Thanks.

Miguel
    Miguel
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

In that case, can you please add both temporary FTP and back-end details? I will try to debug the search process step by step to see where the bottleneck is. Thanks!

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Miguel
    Miguel
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Miguel
    Miguel
    Participant

Done, sorry, my mistake.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Thank you! I did not actually need the FTP access, as I have enabled the file based cache + the image cropping, and the performance seems to be all right now.
    I’m still not sure where the bottleneck might be, but this should resolve the problem permanently.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Miguel
    Miguel
    Participant

Hi Ernest, sorry to bother you but I have tried it and still very slow performance compared to how it was before.

Is there something else we can do? I tried 3 different devices with 6 different browsers…all of them need around 6 seconds to drop results. Before it was almost instant…and now I even have a better server, so it should be faster.

Here you can find an instance of Ajax Search Pro and you can see it takes a lot to show the auto populate results

https://infotandas.com/listado-organizadores-v1/

By the way, the main Ajax instance is on the right sidebar where it says BUSCATANDAS, there are no search phrases or nothing like that to be cached, just settings to be configured by user.

Thanks in advance.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by Miguel Miguel.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

That is strange. On my end I am getting results within 1-2 seconds max, as measured by the XHR network tool. See it here: https://youtu.be/npeue8NTQSs
    Most of the requests were even under 1 second. The auto-populate request is still cached, even though there is no search phrase. I suspect there might be something else conflicting here, maybe a firewall or a network throttle or something, I honestly don’t know.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Miguel
    Miguel
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

ok, after many tests I have found many performance variations depending on the time, device and browser I use, so I guess we’ll have to check and optimize some other things. If you have any recommendations I will be happy and thankful.

Meanwhile, I think if some users receive slow loading times the search can even seem not to be working. Do you think we could add a message to appear when they press “Buscar eventos”? Or a loading logo? Something like this:

loading wheel

Like it fades the background and places the loading icon there. There are loading icons but I havent been able to make them work there.

Thanks!

Thanks!!

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Well using a cache plugin usually takes care of repetitie page loads on multiple devices. W3TC or WP Super cache are usually great solutions.

The loading image however can be problematic, I don’t think it’s possible without using a decent amount of custom code. The simplest one I could find was this. Maybe it would be possible to integrate it somehow with a custom code to the button click event, I am not sure.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Miguel
    Miguel
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

at the moment I am testing WP Fastest Cache. Would you say your recommended plugins are better?

Regarding the code you provided, that image looks like more than enough for this situation. How could I integrate it with the button? Could you help me with that?

Thanks!!

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

I think that it is situational, but the top cache plugins should all work just perfectly.

Well, for the integration I might suggest asking for a developer in this case. I’m really happy to help you with minor changes/suggestions, but this might be a bit more complicated than that. Usually envato studio offers great developers for smaller jobs.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.