slow search

This topic contains 27 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 2 years ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    jarry23
    jarry23
    Participant

Or no. I am taking back. Infinite scroll will be fine

jarry23
    jarry23
    Participant

When I search for “free” or “svg” it show max 100 result. It loads the first 50, then next 50 and after that does not load any others. When I search for any other phrase it loads only 50 and nothing else. Only load button shows up but products does not load.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Can I check that somewhere? (can you please send a link where this is active)

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

jarry23
    jarry23
    Participant
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Thank you!

Can you please check now? It was the modification I did earlier from the newer version, I missed one line of code.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

jarry23
    jarry23
    Participant

Yes perfect now. Thank you soooo much. Usually I don’t give any reviews, but you deserve it and 10 stars out of 5 :))
    Also, to support you I am going place order for related products. I am just little affraid about last reviews, especially – Loads of conflict issues with major plugins like Jetpack, Yoast SEO and Toolset. Plugin hasn’t been updated since 2017..
    Is it compatible with yoast seo?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

We are removing support from that product very soon, and it will be removed alltogether – it may sound strange, but I do not recommend buying it.

Thank you for your kind words! If you like the plugin and have not rated already, feel free to leave a rating on your codecanyon downloads page, it’s greatly appreciated.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

jarry23
    jarry23
    Participant

Yes I will give you rating on codecanyon.
    I only have one little issue. Check here https://www.svgheart.com/search-free-svg/
    When I search in category “animals” it show no result. This is because directly in this parent category are not added any products, but category have many subcategories with many products. Can I somehow set that when I search in an empty parent category, it will also search in its subcategories?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

I’m afraid that may not be possible – there has to be an actual connection between the post and the taxonomy term object.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

jarry23
    jarry23
    Participant

I’m not an encoder, but maybe it could work just like checkboxes. When I check the “animals” category, all subcategories are also checked and all subcategories are searched

jarry23
    jarry23
    Participant

Its confusing when user search parent category and gets 0 result. I believe this is important function 🙂

jarry23
    jarry23
    Participant

Actually I think I will use checkboxes only and uncheckered as default. It should do same as I need. Is there also function search categories for checkboxes? Or are you planning add this function? Same Like drop-down with search but with checkboxes

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Well, I do understand that – but it would have some undesired effects as well. I would rather not go into details why. Optimally, all items in a subcategory should be within the parent category as well. I will see what I can do about that in a future update.

The “drop-down as checkboxes” layout was suggested before. Something like that will be added for sure. Probably without a search feature, sort of like a “show filter” with a box layout of some sort.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.