Slow search performance.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 7 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Alvaro Abella
    Alvaro Abella
    Participant

Hi.
    I have two search box on my home page, and I’m having performance problems with on of them.
    One of the search boxes (Paises, the red one) search on woocommerce product categories. The problem is this search box takes too many time to display the result.

If you look for “Espa” the search took arround 3-5seconds. The other search box (Escuelas, the green one) the search is more quick.

Another problem, is with the search box labels. I want to put “Paises” on the red one, and “Escuelas” on the green one. But if I change it on the first one, then both change the label.

Regards!

PD: To access to the WP control panel you need another credentials, but I don’t know if this message is private or not.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

The plugin performance is more-less equivalent with the overall server and the wordpress setup performance. If you haven’t done so, I suggest checking the Fine tuning the search performance chapter in the documentation. It gives you all the greatest tips to improve the overall search perfromance via configuration.

For more detailed explanations you can check chapter 18 in the documentation.

If you tick the “Set as private reply” checkbox under your following reply, then you can share sensitive information as well 🙂
    I will check the label issue as well, once I can log in to check your site.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Alvaro Abella
    Alvaro Abella
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

I could not log in via FTP, but I have found why the placeholder texts were the same. It’s a yet unknown bug with WPML string translations, when multiple search instances are created.

I’m releasing an update soon, where this will be fixed of course.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Slow search performance.’ is closed to new replies.