Slow Search Results Page – Termsets in URL?

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Slow Search Results Page – Termsets in URL?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    iconicwebhq
    iconicwebhq
    Participant

We have ASP used at https://rebuild.time2shinebmx.com/ (at the top) ~ When you search for anything, try “Bikes” for example, then click the search icon, it takes around 30 seconds to load the actual search results page.

In debugging, I’ve noticed that the URL shows a lot of empty “termsets” ~ I am not sure what these are, but from further testing, if I remove all of those from the URL and just have the search query, then the search results page loads quickly.

How do I modify the Ajax Search Pro settings so that it does not have all of the empty termsets in the URL and thus slow down the search results page?

Example Search Results Page

Same Results, but Faster (Without the termsets)

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thise are either coming from front-end filters, or taxonomy type exclusions. Check your taxonomy filters page and make sure it is empty. The filters are effective even when not visible (it is intended for different reasons), so it is best to remove all of them, if they are not used.

If you are using taxonomy term based exclusions/inclusions, then I recommend using only one of them – where you need the least amount of terms.

It is more likely the first case, because of the large number of termest parameters.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

iconicwebhq
    iconicwebhq
    Participant

That fixed it!! Thank you!!

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.