Slow Site Performance

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 4 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    brenna
    brenna
    Participant

Hello, I am having issues with the ASP plugin. I have a lot of errors that the plugin itself is throwing and I am reaching out for help to get the site performance back up to speed. I’ve attached logs for your convenience.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    brenna
    brenna
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thank you very much for the details.

This was one of the strangest issues I have seen in the last couple of years. So, I used the FTP access to debug through the plugin code, and strangely, the issue boiled down to two WordPress core requests, namely: get_site_option() and update_site_option() calls. The plugin used these functions to save some of the information, and whenever the code reached these, it got stuck for no particular reason. I have replaced these faulty parts with a different solution, now it seems to be okay. I am not sure what exactly the cause is, it looks like something is not okay with those WordPress functions, I might report this to their development team.

Anyways, I will make sure to include this change within the upcoming release, so you won’t have to worry about it anymore. The performance should be all right now.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

brenna
    brenna
    Participant
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

It is working okay on my end, or at least it seems like: https://i.imgur.com/eZF3ujz.png
    Can you please try clearing your site cache? The change should not affect the search function.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

brenna
    brenna
    Participant
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

brenna
    brenna
    Participant

Also looks like I need help updating my plugin.

brenna
    brenna
    Participant
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

It was active on your local test environment ayarsayars.local 🙂 I have deactivated it manually, now you should be able to activate it on live site.
    If you however regularly deploy from local to live, then maybe leaving it on the local environment is a better idea, as the changes will be deployed anyways.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.