Some help

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 1 year ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    chaosm
    chaosm
    Participant

Hi i use the indexing table feature. i would like to know where could I enable to search by product SKU?

Also is possible to return 20 first results and rest load via infinity scroll? Because now I set 200 results to show me.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Make sure to index the “_sku” custom field, that holds the product SKU values.

You can of course do the infinite scroll “load more” too, this documentation will help with that.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

chaosm
    chaosm
    Participant

thanks for the reply.
    all worked,
    one more question pls.

is possible somehow to optimize, cache or do something else for the images? i have to show 20 results. i get instant the title but images take some time to load.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Sure! By default the plugin tries to fetch the smallest possible image sizes (thumbnails), so the rest is up to the server and client connection speed.
    You can however do a bit more to optimize by enabling the image cropping feature. This will further resize the images according to the live search image container size, as small as possible.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

chaosm
    chaosm
    Participant

Thanks for the reply. After activating this setting on search it returns a 500 error. I have the latest version of the plugin.

Check img

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Okay, do you see any error messages within the error log? Do you still return 200 results at once? If so, then that could cause the issue, as the script may try to resize all of them one by one and that could probably cause a memory limit issue and halt the process automatically.

Can you please also check the image source sizes for the featured images here: https://i.imgur.com/1I3AHsD.png
    You may have different options, try choosing the smallest possible dimension. That alone could resolve the problem without having the cropping feature enabled.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.