Some post types don't appear in search results

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Some post types don't appear in search results

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by RileyandThomas92 RileyandThomas92 4 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    RileyandThomas92
    RileyandThomas92
    Participant

We have a custom post type called perfect-destinations.
    In the Ajax search bar all is OK as when you search for say Cancun, the first result is for the perfect-destination for Cancun – see the attached image –

However when the user presses enter and visits the search page the result for Cancun is not there.

see https://justperfectholidays.co.uk/?s=cancun

so why do the perfect-destination custom post types appear in the dropdown, but not in the search page, please?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Make sure that the search override feature is enabled, that should resolve the issue.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

RileyandThomas92
    RileyandThomas92
    Participant

Thanks Ernesto

that looks exactly what I need, however where do I find the behavior page of settings?

I don’t seem to have that, and the article you sent me to assumes I’d know where to find it.

Mark

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Mark,

You can find those options under the search instance options, here: https://i.imgur.com/eriAygj.png

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

RileyandThomas92
    RileyandThomas92
    Participant

Thanks
    I figured that out only 30 seconds before I received your reply, but I appreciate your help,
    Have a great day
    Mark

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.