some searches not appearing on search page and cant colo search icon background

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support some searches not appearing on search page and cant colo search icon background

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    maheshpandey06
    maheshpandey06
    Participant

some of our searches which show in the ajax dropdown while searching doesn’t show up on the results page, they simple say no results found, but they show in ajax dropdown. we cant change search icon background color on the main menu, we want the icon to be white and the icon background color to be transparent just like other menu items, please help

maheshpandey06
    maheshpandey06
    Participant

for example, if you search “fire” the dropdown shows a few search results like fire safety and all, but when you press enter, the search pages shows no results found

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Colors issue
    The issue with the colors is that you have a lot of custom CSS forcing a white background color on the search. I changed everything on the theme options to transparent, now if I remove the custom CSS, I get this: https://i.imgur.com/Uc21ANm.png
    I am not sure if that is a good option though, as it will hover over all of the items in the menu, and because it is transparent, it will not look very nice with the underlying layer.

Instead maybe using this custom CSS you can change the background to white, whenever the search is opened:

.asp_m_1[asp-compact=open] {
       background: white !important;
    }

So it looks like this when closed, and this when opened.

Search issue
    The redirection issue might be caused by other search plugins – please make sure to deactivate any other search plugins, so that they don’t override each other.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

maheshpandey06
    maheshpandey06
    Participant

Hi,

I have removed all the custom CSS and inserted your code, but the background is still white, can you please fix it

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

I cleared the site cache, it looks all right to me now.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.