Sort order dropdown

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    pbaines
    pbaines
    Participant

Hi, is there a way to add a sort order dropdown?

e.g. ‘Sort by date ASC’, ‘Sort by date DESC’, similar to the sortby args in a query.

I can see that you can set a primary and secondary order, but is it possible for the user to change the results order?

I’d rather not try to build something custom, but I can’t see anything in the settings or knowledgebase for adding this.

Thanks!

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

I’m afraid that is not (yet) possible, but it had been requested before, so it will be implemented in one of the upcoming updates for sure.

If you decide to do something custom for it, then to help you out, use the asp_query_args hook to modify the order on the server side.
    I suggest maybe injecting an additional drop-down via the asp_layout_settings_before_first_item hook. Any type of input you put in there is then available on the server side in the $_POST['options'] variable.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

pbaines
    pbaines
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

I’m afraid I am not available for custom jobs, I am very sorry.
    It should not be too difficult, an experienced developer could handle it in a couple of hours for sure.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.