Source Data

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 7 years ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    mcherico
    mcherico
    Participant

Hi, I am trying to allow only certain pages to be available for search options. What is the best way to do this, I don’t want this searching through my entire site. Also, can I change my default page when no search is found? I appear to go to the same 404 error page –

Thx

Mike

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Mike,

On the Advanced Options -> Exclude results panel you can choose options to exclude results based on multiple criteria: Excluding & Including results

Also, make sure that the search override is activated, so the search is allowed to override the default search results as well.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

mcherico
    mcherico
    Participant

When I have no results, can I have it direct to go to a page that I decide rather than some wordpress random weird page –

BTW – most awesome plugin I have ever worked with

Mike

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Thank you very much for your kind words!

The redirection is not exactly how it works. The plugin basically takes the control from the default WP search and gives it back to it with the new results, and then the default wordpress search results page displays it. It’s very likely that the problem is there, unless something wrong with the configuration.
    Can you please link me to a page where the search is active, so I can take a look at the redirection? I can’t seem to find it anywhere. Also, can you please fill your ticket with temporary log-in details, I would like to check your configuration as well.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

mcherico
    mcherico
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

mcherico
    mcherico
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Mike,

Your configuration looks okay to me, the redirections are correctly set.

When I type in something, which yields no results, for example ‘asdasdasd’, I’m redirected to the results page: https://i.imgur.com/TAcdsBq.jpg
    This seems to be correct to me as well. If you want to change this page layout, I’m afraid you will have to make changes in the current theme you are using (perhaps by creating a child theme). Usually the search.php file in the theme directory is handling these requests and generates the output, I recommend checking that.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.