Spinning wheel, but no live dropdown results…

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Spinning wheel, but no live dropdown results…

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by David Engstrøm David Engstrøm 9 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    David Engstrøm
    David Engstrøm
    Participant

Hi, Doc David Engstroem here, webmaster of http://themetastabilian movement.com. Just purchased your search plugin. It’s doing the “spins spins spins but no live dropdown results” problem. If you hit the search icon (use the keyword ‘drazen’) it takes you to the normal search results page. The folder has 777 CHMOD permissions.. Have deactivated possible conflicts, but no luck so far. The search bar shortcode is being used in ubermenu megamenu, which handles other shortcodes normally.

by the way I signed in with facebook for this support ticket, but my email is [email protected]

Looking forward to getting this live search up an running.

Thanks for the help,

David

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Thank you for the detailed information about the issue, also for the ftp/admin access. I have located the problem, somehow the server was denying access to a certain file, which stopped the search procedure at the beginning.

I have made corrections on the search code, now it should work as intended.

I’m also sending a backup of the modified search as an attachment to this post, in case you need to reinstall it.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

David Engstrøm
    David Engstrøm
    Participant

Dear Ernest,

First let me thank you for your very prompt response and getting us up and running with ajax search pro. It is obvious that you have worked hard on the code and I am glad you have made the effort to advance the wordpress search protocol, it is quite necessary and important!

If you don’t mind I would like your help on a couple more issues that I am having.

1. First, a formatting issue. In the first three attachments, you will find screenshots 1, 2 and 3 of your searchbar in Safari, Firefox and Chrome browsers. In the Safari browser, there is an oval border occuring on the inside of the search bar. In Firefox and Chrome the search bar displays normally. This inside oval border disappears when you shrink the window down on my responsive site, where it is found inside the dropdown megamenu toggle. The inside oval border appears no matter which searchbar theme you happen to use. I want to get rid of that. That’s the first issue.

2. Probably related to this ‘extra border’ issue, though it is the same in all browsers, is that I can’t seem to change the font size of the ‘Search’ description text…

3. The next difficulty is that while the search (hover dropdown) menu results works fine if I collapse the browser to its responsive mobile size, the live search is not working on ipad or iphone, and so from this I assume not on android or tablets, though I am not sure about that. But for sure, no go on the ipad and iphone, which for me would be a deal buster, since my site has been specifically designed to be truly responsive.

3a. Possibly related to this, you can see on the iphone, as well, the Search box only displays “Searc” in vertical phone position, displays normal in the horizontal landscape position.

On the Ipad the “Search” description displays normally.

I am hoping you can help me find solutions for these issues, the search function of this website is about to become central to it, and see many great applications for the plugin, and am ready to endorse, etc.

Thanks for you help,

best from David and http://themetastabilianmovement.com

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    David Engstrøm
    David Engstrøm
    Participant

Ernest, p.s. (fyi I am running the search bar inside ubermenu…) thanks again! ~:)

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Thank you for the proper information, it helps me a lot!

1. This is a new “feature” to webkit browsers. By adding this css to the header of your site will most likely eleminate this issue:

.proinput input[type="search"] { 
        -webkit-appearance: none !important; 
    }

2. Not sure why, but the first fix might fix this as well.

3. It’s working on both devices on my end, here are screenshots from iPad/iPhone:

3.a Most likely a late init issue with ubermenu mobile version. In these cases I recommend to initiate a delayed window resize event, which usually helps. If you put this code in your site header it might fix this issue:

aspjQuery(document).ready(function(){
      setTimeout(function(){
        aspjQuery(window).resize();
      }, 2500);
    });

You can try to experiment with the millisecond timeout value by increasing/decreasing it.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.