Staff Search like demo

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    jessicamorelos49
    jessicamorelos49
    Participant

Hi, I am trying to set something up exactly like the Staff Search Demo. I have set up a custom post type (Loan Officers) and have two custom fields (zip code and state) and also trying to make things work I set up a taxonomy for the State.

I am having real trouble getting it set up. The tutorial doesn’t go over all the settings and it changed the way it works a bit.

Right now, my main question is this:

How do I have all the staff members displayed by default? Then the search options above are essentially filtering those.

I want to have the same setup as the demo – a text box that will allow people to type in a name, another box for zip code and then a dropdown for state.

I am having trouble styling the different areas in the same way as the demo but I think I can work through that if I can get the functionality working properly.

I am working on a local server right now, that’s why I didn’t include the login credentials. If those are necessary I could probably figure out a way to send them.

Thank you.

Jessica

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Jessica,

The search options will always have an effect on the search, even if you have auto populate enabled. The best approach is to have the Select any/all option enabled by default for the filters, so initially no filter are active.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.