Step setting not effective

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Step setting not effective

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Robby Payne Robby Payne 9 years ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Robby Payne
    Robby Payne
    Participant

I’m having issue with the step in the range slider. It is searching price on properties, ranging from $50,000 to $5,000,000. The slider is working, but the step is staying at 1 no matter what I change it to. I’d like it to step by either $1,000 or $10,000. Thanks for your help!

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Thank you for the correct details, it made my work much easier.

This was indeed an unknown bug, the step was not passed correctly to the search. I’ve corrected the mistake via FTP and I’m also including this bugfix in the upcoming version, so you don’t have to worry about it.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Robby Payne
    Robby Payne
    Participant

Thanks so much!! Not sure if it is connected, but now my pop up search results won’t load. When I start typing, before the listing showed up under the search bar. Now it says “No Results.” However, if I click enter (or the spyglass), it takes me to a results page with the intended results. So, the search is finding them, just not showing the preview.

Any ideas?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

I’ve noticed you moved from the test environment to live a live domain. Some options may change in the database when moving (due to the server url change), so I saved all the options again on the search backend.

I think it should work now.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Robby Payne
    Robby Payne
    Participant

Worked perfectly! Thanks!

Just for your knowledge, the plugin was malfunctioning before I moved over to the live domain. When you say you “saved all the options again on the search backend,” what does that mean. In the even I need to do this in the future.

Thanks for all your help! You have been really awesome!

Robby Payne
    Robby Payne
    Participant

Hello! Looks like I’m having the same issue again. I’ve added many custom fields (not to the search plugin, but to my WP install in general) since you last fixed the issue. Can you take another look? Right now, no matter what I type in the search bar, I get no drop down results. Hitting enter still yields the results however.

One other question on custom fields: if I have some sliders in filter section and a particular listing doesn’t have that field defined, is it ejected from the results? For instance, if the price of a property isn’t defined, since the slider defines the price as 0 – $100000, is that property not going to show up in a search? We have lots of custom fields, but not all of them apply to all the posts. So if I have a slider for % of basement finished and it goes from 0 – 100% but the user chooses not to adjust this filter since they don’t care about a basement, is the post without this custom field defined not going to show up in the search? I guess I want to know if the filters are out of play unless acted on by the user. And if not, can that happen?

Thanks so much for all your help!!!

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Looks like you solved it? It works for me at least right now.

Yes, posts related to undefined field are ejected. It’s a complicated problem. Initially I was planning to add an option called “Show result if the field is not defined?”, but I had to remove that. The resason is, that it’s impossible to distinguish if the field in question is not matching or not defined on database level. It resulted showing every result despite they were not matching the custom field criteria, because they were recognized as not defined.

Then I tried different approaches, but all of them were dismissed because of the huge performance impact.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Robby Payne
    Robby Payne
    Participant

OK. I think we will set up a different search for each main category. We have 4 and each type of post has different variables, so this will allow us to use the filters. Without doing this, I don’t see a way to make this work with the filters.

Two very strange behaviors are rearing their head, though. First, there are times that I hit enter to complete the search and all our pages load after the search result. One after another. I have “Search in Pages” removed, but it still happens from time to time.

Secondly, the category filters don’t seem to work when hitting enter or the search key. For instance, I have a few posts with the location set to Elizabethtown KY. However, they are all in different categories. If I deselect all categories but one and search “Elizabethtown” and hit enter, I still get all the listings returned. It seems the filters aren’t working when return or search is being hit. Is this normal? I’m hoping the filters don’t just apply to the drop-down search results.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.