- August 24, 2014 at 11:45 pm #2259
Using the Ajax Search Plug In, but its STILL super slow.
Takes forever to autocomplete a simple single word – even ones that have been entered before – and even longer to show the results!
I tried following your instructions from before, but honestly it seems to be even slower now!
Could you possibly take a quick look for me and see if something is configured wrong? If so, please let me know and tell me what it is so I can make sure it doesn’t happen again.
BrettAugust 25, 2014 at 11:42 am #2262
I did a few changes on the code which I suspected it was slowing down the process. It was just a random shot, so I don’t know if it actually helped. Right now it takes around 2-5 (5.36 was the highest measured) seconds for me, which seems normal. If however the load is constantly over 5 seconds, then there is something interfering with the plugin. Some spikes might happen (due to server load, maintenance, etc..), but it should not be consistent.
Let me know how is it working now.
If there are constant issues, you should provide temp ftp access as well, so I can run debugging on the search code to search for the cause.Best,
If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)
August 25, 2014 at 11:52 am #2263
Ok thnks mate, I’ll look into it a little later today and be in touch.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.